Wednesday, May 28, 2008

photographs, life is...

The pain I have been having in my right back and sides took a turn for the worst over the holiday weekend and I spent Sunday in emergency care when it became unbearable. I have a long road ahead but I choose to celebrate life, because in spite of many obstacles, life is good.

We went to the cemetery to rake and decorate the family plot as we do at least once a year, but I forgot the camera, so no photos.

However, here are some photos of scenes of home and nearby travels.
For the humming birds :



The Landscapers' finally opened for the season, so we bought another cubic metre of cedar mulch for the tomatoes, and
















to replenish the flower and herb beds








The bluebird house on the garden shed:
















The raspberry bushes have been pruned!

At the vintage/thrift shop, hubby played with this Alvarez guitar:

















I bought this butterfly house, someone else's handiwork:












I repaired it, sanded, gessoed, and painted it blue and white.














The thin plywood is not sturdy enough for posting it in the flower bed, so I think I'll use it as decoration on the front porch for a while.

A stack of old magazines and a vintage book from 1928
version after the (silent) movie came out, starring Faye Ray (The original King Kong’s “girlfriend“) While the book is a Grosset & Dunlap publishing, which I collect, it is not a children’s book, but I broke my rule of collecting only their vintage children's books for the black and white photos and Ms. Ray :)



















Lilacs:
An unoccupied bluebird house on the south border:


Pear blossoms, very tasty pears, yum!










A bat in our belfry, or our chimney any way:

A bat took up residences in the gap between the house and chimney. Here's hubby cleaning the bat guano from behind the chimney. After which we sprayed liberally with bleach, and rinsed with a solution of Green Works and water.


It's time to finish this pair of cotton denim and wool blend socks:














As for the baby's cardigan, I have finished the back and both fronts, but I will be out of yarn before I can finish the sleeves. ( I considered making short sleeves, but I decided to order more yarn instead. Photos are forthcoming.

The positive side have needing bed rest is that I can knit and sketch without guilt :)

Take Care of each other!




No comments: