Tuesday, May 13, 2008

winds and weekend

It's been so windy today! It was nice and sunny while I was driving and doing errands, but later, the high winds brought me back indoors after many attempts to work in the garden and do other outdoor projects.

Beautiful flowers from hubby; roses and freesias:














Scenes from the informal gathering of extended family:
One of the two quiches I made for the gathering:

The finished anklets. I keep a small amount of synthetics blends as that is what is requested when I knit for charities but I don’t like how they feel against my skin. I am allergic to some wools, but llama, and cottons and cashmeres ( not that I can afford cashmere :)) feel wonderful . (My friend S. recently sent me some quiviut which is heavenly!) If I’m going to put time into knitting something, it should be done in well.
The anklet on the bottom was sprayed and blocked, no change. The one on top was machine washed. It pilled and is fuzzy. I will keep these for myself and wear them over socks as slippers ‘round the house.

I haven't baked bread in weeks, so I may do a loaf and some buns(rolls) tomorrow.

No comments: