Friday, April 18, 2008

Unseasonably warm and windy

On Wednesday I scraped old, loose paint from the little side porch , and yesterday I painted its landing and steps. I had just a bit of the floor boards on the side and a bit of the railing left to do, so I finished that today. (My vitamin regimen seems to be working, I was not as sore as I thought I would be afterwards. :) )
The door there leads to my studio/workroom so the little porch is a good spot to sit have a cuppa or lemonade, enjoy the the songs of the birds (and toads, they have been in fine voice *lol*) and let my imagination fly. Only minutes after I finished painting yesterday, a bird left a little present :)

My little herb garden is next to those steps, so hopefully, this weekend I'll be going to the greenhouse to get some annual herbs and flowers. I have some potted geraniums growing in the house, (I was able to save about half of the plants from last summer) but will only put them out during the day for now, as the nights are still too cold.
How does your garden grow?
Visit my MyCraftivity friend Debra's shops here and here. she makes beautiful jewelry.
I cleaned the ashes and the glass of the fireplace yesterday, which I do at least once a week in winter. I would like to delude myself into thinking I’ve cleaned it for the last time for the season, but I know it’s not so. I expect cold, damp rainy days to come; It is April after all, and I do like a warm fire on those damp days. Propane just doesn't give the same warmth :)

I've been making mini accordion art books lately. This one, bound in Indonesian rice paper, is available in my Etsy shop



Happy Friday, and Happy weekend to you.

No comments: