Monday, March 31, 2008

art desk and coming soon...

The studio project is finished---almost! I've not yet found the right cupboard for the upper left wall. Actually, since the size is not standard and we want to maximize the space, we are exploring our options. We still have to cut and polyurethane the base boards, but we will wait until a sunny, warm day to do that outside. Anyhow, I will post some pictures soon.

Next to the dining area is my my painting space. It is a tight fit in our small house, I had to move a couple of chairs out of the way to get a good photo, but it is adequate, and the northern daylight is good. I also do dry sculpting here, though I do have a sculpting platform hubby made for me a few years ago in the shed. I resisted using polymers for years, but they are certainly less messy, and a lot more portable than earth clay. My taboret is on the left, and I use my easel only for displaying finished projects. My angled board is much more useful for watercolours.
On my desk is a photo cube made specially for me by a friend. It is very inspirational!

Here is a peek of the new floor:


Coming Soon! I am opening a second shop on Etsy called Natural Soothers this week. I've been working at setting it up this past week. I'm still waiting for the new circle punch( 1 11/16 inches, 4.5 cm) I ordered from Dick Blick last week to do the stickers ( the one I have is too big). I thought it would arrived by now, but I expect it will be here by Wednesday.

Oh, be certain to visit AJ'sCountryCottage on Etsy. She did a nice job putting together a little gift for my friend last Christmas.

No comments: