Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Happy Spring!

A view of the first day of spring from my front door. Not bad, It’ sunny, and much of the snow and ice are gone. How is your first day of spring? A nice one, I hope.
I'm going to colour some eggs today.













It’s here, the spring issue of American Archaeology magazine. Okay, so it’s been here for more than a week, but I’ve only just had a chance to look at it and read in detail. The article on the development of ceramics is of particle interest, since primitive methods of crafting was, and remains one of my favourite areas of study. The In the News pages covers both fun and disbursing facts, including pre Spanish beer making in the south-west, and the looting of historic sites.
Hello Amy, Hello Amby! Thanks for stopping by.


Nothing in the spring issue of Knitty peaks my interest, and, while I’m determined to finish all knitting projects before starting another, (there are two projects left-a pair of socks and the wrap.) I am
swatching for this bag in Knit Simple magazine‘s holiday 2007 issue.
I’m using two strands of worsted wt. winter white wool though the pattern requires a single strand of bulky weight. The gauge is pretty close, and since it is a bag, it is close enough. However I’m not certain I’ll do it in white since I have several skeins of bulky yellows and purples that I bought when we were in the southwest last year, and I’d like to make use of them. The pattern is not too difficult so far, though I do have to pay close attention on the wrong side rows on the chart, as that gets a bit confusing at times because of the seed stitch. I do like the cables. A vintage floral lining would be pretty I think.

No comments: