Wednesday, February 6, 2008

workspace improvement project

I painted one wall on Sunday, and hubby installed the shelf brackets a couple of hours later. The colour was the first blue I picked out at the shop, and I really like it---It's called Chopin blue, and reminds me of Delft china.




The old wall where the ugly bookcase stood now looks like this:





As you can see, I've already claimed the spot where I can sit and sketch, or knit and have a cuppa whilst waiting for the washing. ( The amaryllis is one of three bulbs sent by a friend at the new year. I will pot the other two soon. The knitting is a cushion cover for a friend.)



I sorted a lot of things the days before I started, and stacked them in the study in the containers I already use. I'm giving more fabric to the theatre ( I always sort my stashes often to keep a bit of order)



Here is the opposite side: Everything I will put on the shelves already fit nicely in clear Rubber Maid containers, however,
I want to buy some large baskets for things I want in easy reach ( wicker baskets with the wire reinforcement should last a while).
I prepped (filled holes, sanded, washed, taped) each wall the day before painting, so that helped the process seem less over whelming, although it none the less saps what little energy I can muster. The taping was especially important, since the first two walls are now blue, and I'm going to re paint the other two the same off white they are, so the room still feels open.


Anyway, this weekend, we are buying a new light fixture which we already picked out at the Home Improvement shop, and hopefully, a cupboard to put next to the washer( right) for my sewing machine, with space for the recycle bin under neath. Then I can start loading the new shelves. After that, it will be the other two walls, and new lino flooring.

No comments: