Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Happy Valentines Day!

I've been saving this photo I took weeks ago , I hope it makes you smile. Mother Nature's whimsy!
I hope your day is special.


My knitted heart bag I had listed on Etsy:




















The project is going well. Hubby installed the new light fixture on Saturday, however, one of the three glass shades had a break in it, so I telephoned the manufacturer, and they are shipping a new one to us. Hopefully it will arrive before the weekend. I will add a few more before and after photos soon.



I've not been drawing or painting in the last week or so but I have been knitting a bit, and am nearly ready to block the cushion cover
(' just working on the last bit, the button flap).





I started this cross-stitch piece about 3 or 4 years ago. It is from a book of patterns adapted from William Morris designs by Barabara Hammet, which I like very much. I finished only the upper right quarter then. At Christmas time in '06, I was recovering from another bit of surgery and on bed rest, so I was able to get to this point:



I seem to be in the mood to work on it again, so I should have the main section completed soon, if not the border, which is the most difficult part. I've changed a few things to make it uniquely mine, including the colour of the border, which was to be blue, but I wanted white .
My hope is to complete all unfinished sewing/knitting/embroidery projects, there are three each, before summer, then I will spend more time with my paint boxes.

No comments: