Friday, June 20, 2008

finished and packed

We were so disappointed, none more than MIL of course, that after traveling more than 70 miles, they were unable to complete her medical procedure, and she may have to travel even further, to university hospital, get it done in future. She is doing well, and had no adverse reactions. I'm glad we could be with her.

Finished! The knit-along baby's cardigan ( I made up the pattern for this one, using the measurements from an old pattern, and adding the lace collar, cuffs, and hem). The most troublesome part was the collar. Even though I added extra stitches, and I water blocked it as I did all of the pieces, it still has a tendency to curl up. I will block it again sometime, but it can also be worn up. I made it a one button since it is meant to be worn over layers of clothing. The button is actually clear and pearly, but the reflection makes it look silvery. Oh, I knitted the leaves and crocheted the flower. I'm not fond of crocheting, but I can manage to make up small things. I will enjoy seeing the sweaters by the rest of the group.






I'm all packed for the hospital for surgery on the 23rd. I don't want to go, but I must. I'm to be admitted at 7:30 a.m.
The house is in order; Apart from the usual daily housework, I've been sorting papers and cleaning cupboards, the 'fridge, the upstairs and sitting room windows, etc. I always try to do this intense sort of cleaning before a long trip or a hospital stay. It's nice coming home knowing that even the things not immediately seen are in tidy.
The flower beds are weeded, (between the many rain showers. It won't be long before there are new weeds, *smiles*but the beds look great today. The peonies are fragrant and lovely in the back, and the ones in front they are starting to open.) and the projects I wanted to get done are done. So one would think I have some time to sketch and watercolour, but there is always something which needs doing, eh?! I do have some things in mind that I want to craft for the Etsy shops. I've closed the shops for the next two weeks.




'Ta ta for now!

No comments: